Inspections are required for all public or semi-public swimming pools or spas at:
- Home associations
- Health clubs
- City pools
- Disinfection level - 1.0 to 5.0 ppm of chlorine required
- pH of water - 7.2 to 7.8 required
- Temperature of spas - maximum of 104°F
- Safety signage - "Warning - No Lifeguard on Duty"
- Depth markings, step markings, and transition lines
- Safety equipment - shepherds crook and ring buoy
Records are kept on all pool/spa facilities, and inspections can be viewed by the public, upon request.