The package includes:
- International Building Code
- International Existing Building Code
- International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
- International Fire Code
- International Plumbing Code
- International Energy Code
- International Mechanical Code
- International Fuel Gas Code
- International Property Maintenance Code
- International Private Sewage Disposal Code
- 2011 National Electric Code
Code books are available for viewing at the building safety counter, second floor of City Hall, 8500 Santa Fe Drive.
For answers to questions regarding building codes, contact the building safety division at 913-895-6225.
Applicants wishing to file an appeal regarding building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and fire code requirements must submit an application to the city.
The appeals application must be completed and submitted along with substantiating documents, including plans, correspondence, photographs, etc.
A $250 check, made out to the City of Overland Park, also is required.
A Code Board of Appeals meeting will be scheduled within 10 days of receiving the application. At the meeting, the applicant will present his or her position and a variance/appeal will be granted or denied (three votes in the affirmative are needed to obtain a variance).
The applicant will be notified of the results of the vote in writing.