The 2019 season at Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead begins April 1.
Visit the Farmstead to see what’s new for the season:
- Pollinator garden plants, meant to attract bees and other pollinators as part of the Bayer Feed a Bee Initiative
- Bio-gen, a new hydroponic “grow deck” that will allow Farmstead staff to grow their own feed on-site for the animals
- 63 new baby goats, born in January and ready to bottle feed
- More new animals throughout the Farmstead
- A major renovation of the fishing pond
The Farmstead expects to welcome its 10 millionth visitor in early 2019.
The Farmstead has many special events each season, including Georgia’s Chicken Run, Safety Day, Moonshine on the Farm, and more.
Also back by wildly popular demand this year will be 14 nights of Goat Yoga, an opportunity to exercise and de-stress among the Farmstead’s happiest residents.
The 2019 Farmstead season runs from April 1 – October 31. See additional details about hours and fees online.