Overland Park has many options to help you stay up-to-date with what's going on in your neighborhood. A list of all social media sites used by City personnel, departments and organizations is shared below.
Social Media Policy
The City of Overland Park welcomes participation through social media channels and encourages you to interact with us and your neighbors.
When engagement is enabled on Overland Park’s social media channels, those channels serve as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring. Posts will be removed or rejected when they link to or contain content, including photos or videos, that
- Is off-subject or out of context;
- Is obscene, profane, threatening, defamatory, harassing or discriminatory;
- Violates any law or a legal ownership interest of any party;
- Incites or promotes violence or illegal activities;
- Advertises or promotes individual or commercial interests;
- Discloses information that is confidential or may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Contains endorsements of political campaigns or candidates.
Any user who repeatedly violates the guidelines in this policy may be permanently removed from the Overland Park’s social media pages without prior notice. The City reserves the right to deactivate the comment feature on Overland Park’s social media pages, where applicable, at any time without prior notice.