If the judge enters a verdict of guilty the penalty will be announced at that time or after a pre-sentence investigation.
- Jail time. All persons sentenced to jail time are sent to the Johnson County Adult Detention in Olathe.
- Fines and fees. The amount is affected by the facts and circumstances of the case. Mitigating circumstances may lower the fine, even if you are found guilty; aggravating circumstances may increase the fine.
- Fines for most traffic offenses do not exceed $500
- Fines for city ordinance violations generally do not exceed $2,500.
- If you are found guilty, court costs and other fees are added to the fine amount. All fines and fees are due the day they are assessed.
- Probation. During this conditional release period, you will be supervised by a probation officer and will be required to meet certain conditions. If you fail to meet any of those conditions, you may be required by the judge to serve jail time and/or pay fines.
- House arrest. Electronic supervision in your own home.
- Alternative Sentencing Project: Checkmate, a theft/bad check prevention education program.
- Community Weekend Intervention Program
- Community Service. Supervised work using several community agencies.
- Restitution. Money you are required to pay to the victim based on the crime committed.