Non-Conforming Situation Permits

Changes in zoning ordinances can cause legally developed property to become non-conforming. Non-conforming properties can remain as developed for an indefinite period of time; however, when building additions or site modifications are proposed, non-conformities may be required to be corrected.

If compliance with new zoning regulations is not reasonably possible, a property owner may request a non-conforming situation permit to waive the requirement to bring the property into compliance.

Requests for non-conforming situation permits are reviewed by the Planning Commission or the Board of Zoning Appeals, depending on the zoning of the property.