The Planning Commission holds public hearings and makes recommendations for final action to the Governing Body for rezoning, special use permits and preliminary development plans.
The 11-member commission, appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the Governing Body, also considers all applications for final development plans and plats, prepares the Comprehensive Plan and reviews the Capital Improvements Program.
Planning Commission meetings generally are held at 1:30 p.m., the second Monday of every month in the Council Chamber of City Hall, 8500 Santa Fe Drive. The public is welcome.
- Use our locator map to find out where in the city each Planning Commission item is located.
- Comment on a pending application
- Planning Commission Meeting recap minutes
- 2018 Planning Commission Schedule
- View upcoming Council Committee Meetings
- Sign up to receive upcoming agendas and/or meeting results via email.
Planning Commission Members
Effective Jan. 8, 2018
Thomas Robinett, Chair
Rob Krewson, Vice Chair
David M. Hill
Edward “Ned” Reitzes
Planning Commission Committees
The Planning Commission has four standing committees that represent major areas of responsibility of the Planning Commission.
- Comprehensive Plan Committee
- Executive Committee
- Ordinance Review Committee
- Site Plan Review Committee