Mayor Gerlach presented his 2019 State of the City address on February 18, 2019 at the Overland Park Convention Center.
The Mayor's speech discussed why Overland Park > Its Past, highlighting
- the possibility of a more walkable College and Metcalf area with after-work and weekend attractions,
- consideration of new uses for the Overland Park Convention Center,
- growing healthcare technology services, with Netsmart, Inc,
- new construction in Downtown Overland Park, including the Edison District,
- expanding business at 95th and Metcalf, with Shamrock Corporation,
- the Santa Fe Commons (Thompson) Park improvement project,
- expansion of U.S. 69,
- and Forward OP, the community's vision for the future.
Watch the whole speech to see more of what's to come in Overland Park.