Creating a family safety calendar is a great way to remember key safety information, such as changing your smoke alarm batteries.
If you have older children, consider doing this activity together. You will need a 12 month calendar with large daily spaces to write in and magic markers/crayons.
- Pick your favorite number between 1 and 28. Use one of the crayons or markers to draw a circle around that number each month. In each one of the circled spaces, write "Safety Check" or decorate it in a way that it looks different from the others.
- Find each family member's birthday and circle one day during that week. In each circled space write "fire drill."
- Find the page with April on it. Somewhere on the page in big letters write, "Change your clock. Change your battery."
- Find the page with October on it. Somewhere on the page in big letters write, "Change your clock. Change your battery."
- Hang the calendar someplace where it easily can be seen.