- May not start any sooner than 10 a.m. and must stop by 9 p.m. every day.
- Must leave if asked by the resident.
- May not solicit the same location within 14 consecutive days.
- For purchases of $5 or more, must provide a written receipt, if requested by the resident.
- Must provide your name, company name, and type of product or service being sold.
Overland Park has city-issued "No Solicitation" signs that you may clearly post in view of the front door for visitors. If there is a sign, it is a violation for anyone or any organization to solicit the resident.
If someone ignores the sign, the resident has the option of calling the Police Department at 913-895-6300 (non-emergency) and signing a complaint against the solicitor, who would then be directed to appear in Municipal Court.
You may either print a "No Soliciting" notice and post on your front door visible to any visitor, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the City Clerk's Office.