8500 Santa Fe Drive
Overland Park, KS 66212
The City Clerk's Office maintains, protects and preserves the official records of the city. The City Clerk is designated the Freedom of Information Officer and coordinates requests for records in accordance with the Kansas Open Records Act and the city's records management program.
The Clerk's Office is responsible for the annual calendar of meetings in accordance with the Kansas Open Meetings Act. Staff also:
- Coordinate City Council agendas;
- Attend all Governing Body meetings and keep record of the proceedings and official acts;
- Work with contract administration;
- Coordinate legal publications;
- Coordinate and accept all bids and proposals; and
- Work in conjunction with the city's risk manager regarding insurance coverage and claim processing.
Staff is dedicated to providing excellent customer service, educating and assisting residents to comply with animal licensing requirements, and working with the business community to satisfy licensing requirements.