Indoor smoking is not allowed in the City of Overland Park. This includes all:
- Places of employment
- Hotel/motel sleeping rooms
- Meeting rooms and convention facilities
- Retail establishments (except those whose primary business is the sale of tobacco products).
Smoking also is prohibited within 10 feet of an entrance to a public place. This prohibition does not apply within the public right-of-way or within the outdoor seating area of an eating or drinking establishment.
Smoking is not prohibited within:
- On outdoor patios of eating and drinking establishments provided reasonable efforts are made to minimize the amount of smoke entering the establishment
- Private residences not serving as an enclosed place of employment or enclosed public place
- Retail establishments whose primary business is the sale of tobacco products
- Onstage during a live theatrical performance where smoking is integral to the plot or storyline and the audience is given prior notice
It is a violation of Overland Park ordinance for anyone under the age of 21 to purchase or possess cigarettes, e-cigarettes, liquid nicotine or tobacco products. It is also unlawful to purchase the same items for anyone under the age of 21.