The Overland Park Waves Swim & Dive team is a recreational team for a child who desires to increase his or her overall swimming and diving performance through dedicatoin and practice. Coaches are dedicated to helping swimmers and divers improve their skills, as well as providing a fun summer sport.
The Swim & Dive team is available for any child 6-18 years of age. The team provides coaching for two levels of swimmers: pre-competitive and competitive; and for divers. The Waves summer program runs smoothly with the help of a parent association and board.
- Dive Team - The diving program is open to beginners, as well as advanced divers.
- Pre-Competitive Swim Team - The pre-competitive swim program is designed for the swimmer who cannot swim 50 meters of the pool.
- Competitive Swim Team - The competitive swim program is designed for the swimmer who is able to swim 50 meters of the pool without stopping using either freestyle, breaststroke, butterfly or backstroke.
Go to Team Information to find out more details and how to volunteer.
- Register online
- Matt Ross Community Center
- Tomahawk Ridge Community Centers
- Overland Park residents: $85 per participant.
- Non-residents: $95 per participant.
These are not swim lessons. They are recreational teams designed for the child/teenager who desires to increase his or her overall swimming and diving performance through hard work and practice.
Meet-the-coach night is May 17, 2017 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Matt Ross Community Center.
The first practice is Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at Young's Pool. This is subject to change based on school schedules.
Practices are at Young's Pool, Monday-Friday at the following times:
- Competitive: 7:00-8:50 a.m.
- Pre-Competitive: 7:45-8:50 a.m.
- Diving: 8:45-10:30 a.m.
The end-of-season banquet is July 10 from 6:30-8 p.m. at Tomahawk Ridge Community Center.