- Members gain access by using an ID card.
- All guests must pay the daily fee or have a membership; this includes guests just watching. There are no refunds on daily admissions.
- Guests under the age of 8 must be accompanied by someone at least 12 years of age.
- Adult/child ratio is 1:8 for groups of guests, ages 8 and under.
- Membership cards may not be transferred.
- Swimming suits are required.
- No bras, sports bras or shorts that do not stay around your waist.
- String and thong bikinis prohibited.
- Swim wear that becomes see through when wet is not allowed and considered indecent.
- Swimmers wanting to use a t-shirt in the pool must wear a clean t-shirt and proper swim wear underneath.
- No street clothes will be allowed in the pool.
- Swim diapers are required for children who are not bathroom trained and a swimsuit must be worn over swim diapers.
Guests with improper or indecent swim wear will be asked to change or leave the facility.
- For safety reasons, the city will allow a Coast Guard approved life vest. A limited number of vests are available at each pool.
- Vest must have a readable Coast Guard rated label.
- Guardian must stay within arm's reach of the guest using the vest.
- Only soft diving sticks and balls are allowed in the pool. Other toys may be used in the baby pool.
Food & Drink
- Food is allowed only in the concession area. Food is not allowed on the pool deck or grass areas around the pool.
- Drinks are allowed in all areas of the facility.
- No glass containers of any kind are allowed anywhere in the facility.
- No alcohol of any kind is allowed anywhere in the facility.
- No running anywhere in the facility.
- Diving is allowed only in designated areas. Staff can answer questions as to the location of these areas.
- No general swimming or play allowed in the diving board area.
- Only one person allowed on the diving board at a time.
- Guests cannot be caught or held while using or coming down the slide or off of the diving board.
- No glasses, goggles or masks allowed on the diving boards or slides. They may be held in your hand.
- Only Safety Lens Construction glasses and masks are allowed in the pool.
- Any games endangering the swimmers or sunbathers are prohibited.
- Boisterousness, profanity, roughness or threats will not be tolerated.
- Smoking is prohibited in any portion of the facilities.
- Smoking is allowed outside the facility, but not within 20' of the entrance.
- No unnecessary conversation with lifeguards on duty.
- Manager and lifeguards have full authority to enforce rules needed to ensure the safety of all guests.
- Guests wishing to take pictures must get permission from the manager.
- Pools may have alternate hours of operation due to:
- Authorized special events.
- The first or final weeks of operation due to personnel shortages.
- Inclement weather
- Safety conditions
- Alternate schedules will be posted at the pool(s).
- Pool manager has full authority to clear pool and decks during inclement weather.
- Designated safety areas must be used during inclement weather if guests wish to stay inside the facility.
- Contact each facility if there is inclement weather.
Events & Lessons
- Parents and spectators must remain in designated areas during lessons and special events.
- Exceptions to designated areas must have manager approval.
- Facilities may post alternate hours of operations for authorized events and lessons.
- The City of Overland Park will make every attempt to accommodate persons with disabilities. Wheelchairs and other such equipment needed to aid persons with a disability are allowed inside the pool.
- The City of Overland Park reserves the right to revoke any membership that has falsified information on application.
- Memberships may also be revoked or suspended for not abiding by the pool rules.
- Bicycles, scooters and skate-boards are not allowed in the facility and must be parked or checked at the desk.
These rules supplement the provisions of Overland Park Municipal Code Section 10.04.