The Fall Festival
- The region's top Arts and Crafts Fair
- The Parade at 10 a.m.
- 3 stages of free concerts
- The nationally ranked OP Farmers' Market
- Classic cars
- Children's entertainment - moonwalks, singers and puppets
- Food! Lots and Lots of Great Food
- Live in Concert- The Elders, at 3 p.m.
- Free admission
The Festival operates rain or shine. If severe weather presents, Matt Ross Community Center serves as a lightening shelter. There may also be a late start to some activities or a partial shut down of other activities, such as the parade. Please check this website for up to the minute information.
Presenting Sponsor: The Bank of Blue Valley for bringing the Elders
Supporting Sponsor: Friends of OP Arts for providing the Children's Pavilion
Signage provided by Steve Thompson Signs
- Farmers' Market: 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m, located north of 80th Street between Overland Park Drive and Marty Street
- Craft Fair: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., located at the Santa Fe Commons Park, 8045 Santa Fe Drive.
- Parade Grandstand: 10-11:15 a.m., located at Clock Tower on Santa Fe Drive between 79th and 80th streets. Parade marches from 79th & Floyd down through Santa Fe Drive past the Conser roundabout.
- Classic Car Show: 9 a.m.-3 p.m., located on 80th Street between Santa Fe Drive and Marty. All car clubs welcome for this Show and Shine. Contact Julie Bilyea at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information to participate.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating at the parade and for concerts. Bus pick up at Overland Park Elementary School.
Parking & Road Restrictions
Parking can be found at:
- 8101 Marty in the west lot of the Matt Ross Community Center.
- The city parking lot north of the OP Presbyterian Church on Marty and west of Main Appliance.
- On the perimeter of the Santa Fe Commons Park.
- On the roads leading up to the park.
- Special Thanks to Main Appliance for welcoming festival patrons to use their parking lot.
- The Farmer's Market has lots on both sides of the pavilion.
The following traffic restrictions are in effect from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 27, but do have on the street parking. Please do not block resident driveways.
- Hamilton Street.....South bound one-way traffic only between 83rd Street and Overland Park Dr.
- Valley View Drive.....South bound one-way traffic only between Overland Park Dr. and 83rd St.
- Overland Park Drive.....Closed between 80th Street and 81st Street, south-bound traffic only from 81st to Hamilton.
- 80th Street.....Closed from 6am to 3pm between Santa Fe Drive and Marty Street.
Santa Fe Commons Bandstand
9 a.m. ..............The Overland Park Civic Band (Show Tunes & Marches)
11:30 a.m........The Rain Dogs (Americana Bluegrass)
12:30 p.m.........The Good Sam Club Band (Rockabilly)
1:30 p.m...........Funk Syndicate (Rock)
3 p.m. ..............The Elders (Celtic)
Clock Tower Concerts
11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ..............Grand Marquis (Swing Jazz)
1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. ...........The Overland Park Orchestra (Classics)
Next to the small white gazebo in the south end of the Santa Fe Commons Park
10 a.m..............Janie Next Door Sings
11 a.m..............Stone Lion Puppet Theatre
Noon................Jim Cosgrove, "Mr. Stinky Feet"
1 p.m................Stone Lion Puppet Theatre
2 p.m................Priscilla Howe's Storytelling & Puppets
3 p.m. ..............Mad Science Show
Arts and Crafts
More than 150 vendors will bring their fine arts and crafts to the festival, everything from ceramics and clothing to fine painting, photography and sculpture. Some artists specialize in soaps and scarves while others offer jewelry and hats. Shopping anyone? Yes!
Fry Guys - Funnel Cakes, Ribbon Fries, Fried Pickles, Drinks
K&C Concessions - Philly Cheese-steak Sandwiches, Nachos, Taco Salad, Drinks, Desserts
Copper Kettle Corn - Kettle Corn
The Cajun Cabin - Gumbo, Jambalaya, Red Beans, Shrimp Etoufee
The Dragon Inn - Chinese fare
Taco Republic - Mexican fare
Smothie Wave - Fruit Smoothies
Moose Truck - BBQ Parfait, Burgers, Chicken Tenders, Fries, Nachos, Drinks
Smokin' Fresh Streetside BBQ - Beef, Pork and Chicken BBQ, Cole Slaw, Salad, Bean and Rice Wrap, Chips, Drinks
OP Host Lion's Club - Brats, Hot Dogs, Donuts, Popcorn, Drinks
Little Italy - Italian fare
Sugar Daddy's Lemonade - Italian Sausage Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Handmade Lemonade, Limeade, Cherry Lemonade and Cherry Limeade Drinks
Crazy Good Eats - Breakfast Wrap, Hot Dogs, Pepper Jack Brats, Chicken Sausages with Feta, Pulled Pork, Drinks
Strawberry Hill Povitica - Croatian Dessert Breads
Mojaxs Nuts - Cinnamon Roasted Almonds, Cashews and Pecans
Air Summer Snow - Shaved Ice treats, Water
Want to be part of the festival?
- Parade registration form
- Parade route
- To participate or for more information contact the Downtown OP Partnership, 913-642-2222.
All vendor sports are sold out.
To apply, visit zapplication website > Select "Participating Shows" > Sort By "Show Name" > Select "Overland Park Fall Festival"
You will be prompted to register with zapplication to apply to become a vendor.
Kansas Department of Revenue - Sales Tax Information