Overland Park is investing in the future quality of life by acquiring, preserving and enhancing land for the conservation of natural resources, environmental education and botanical gardens.
In an effort to help us grow, please follow these rules while enjoying the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens:
- Visitors are not allowed to remain in or enter the Arboretum before or after operating hours.
- Bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters and motorized vehicles are prohibited. Wheelchairs are allowed.
- Dogs must be on a leash; they are restricted to the wood chip paths or the black asphalt loop around the picnic shelter. Dogs are not allowed on garden walkways. Please pick up after your pet!
- No plants, animals or insects may be collected or removed.
- Please do not climb on waterfalls, rocks or in trees in the gardens.
- You must have a permit for portrait photography/filming. Nature photography does not require a permit as long as there are no people in the photos.
- Fires are permitted in permanent grills only.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- School groups and guided tours are asked to call ahead.
A complete set of rules is available in the Visitors Center.