In an effort to help us preserve and enhance the land for conservation and education, please follow these rules while enjoying the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens.
- Visitors are not allowed to remain in or enter the Arboretum before or after operating hours.
- Bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters and motorized vehicles are prohibited. Wheelchairs are allowed.
- Dogs must be on a leash; they are restricted to the wood chip paths or the black asphalt loop around the picnic shelter. Dogs are not allowed on garden walkways. Please pick up after your pet!
- No plants, animals or insects may be collected or removed.
- Please do not climb on waterfalls, rocks or in trees in the gardens.
- You must have a permit for portrait photography or videography. Nature photography does not require a permit.
- Fires are permitted in permanent grills only.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Please call ahead if you are bringing a school groups or would like a guided tour.
Learn more about Arboretum etiquette in the Enivironmental Education and Visitors Center.