April 23, 2016
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Johnson County Community College
12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Overland Park, KS 66210
Make plans to recycle just about anything on Saturday, April 23, Overland Park's 2016 Recycling Extravaganza.
It offers an opportunity to recycle more materials than ever before.
You can bring:
- Confidential documents, which will be destroyed on site by ProShred Security, and you can watch. The suggested donation for this service is $5 for a standard file box and $10 for larger quantities.
- Usable building material will be collected by Heartland Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Donate your new and usable building materials, hardware, fixtures and appliances to ReStore. Your donations may be tax deductible, and will benefit Heartland Habitat for Humanity's building projects.
- Clothing, housewares, small appliances, toys and many other items.
- Electronics such as computers, monitors, printers, TVs, VCRs, cell phones and stereos will be responsibly recycled by Surplus Exchange. While most items will be accepted at no charge, there will be a fee of $20 for CRT monitors and TVs, as well as projection type TVs.
- Bicycles will be collected by Revolve. Give your unwanted bike new life and bring a smile to another by donating it. Revolve will repair and reuse whatever is feasible on your old bike and recycle the rest.
- Up to 10 fluorescent bulbs per vehicle will be collected by Overland Park's building maintenance division.
- Fabric and notions will be collected by Fabric Recycles.
- Garden tools are being collected by Kansas City Community Gardens. Other acceptable items include shovels, spades, garden forks, cultivators, rakes (not leaf rakes), garden hand tools, wheel barrows, watering wands and water heads.
- Gently used shoes are being collected including running shoes, work boots, dress shoes, sandals and cowboy boots. Shoe Kansas City ask for all sizes of shoes for both children and adults.
- Durable medical equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, shower and bath chairs, crutches, hospital beds and more will be accepted by the Rehabilitation Institute to help individuals live as independently as possible.
- Pet supplies such as crates, kennels, dog beds, tog toys, cat and dog food, and scoopable cat litter supplies will be accepted by Unleashed Pet Rescue to help save the lives of homeless pets and pull them to safety.