A building permit is required for all new residential swimming pools that are 24 inches or greater in depth and/or have a filter system, heater or electrical lighting.
A complete set of plans must be submitted for the building permit. This includes a plot plan with:
- Proposed pool or spa location (show distances to property lines)
- House and adjacent structures
- Septic system tanks and lateral lines for lots without public sewers.
- Location of overhead/underground electric lines (provide dimensions from pool or spa).
- Fence or other pool enclosure.
- Provide a deck-framing plan where decks constructed of wood are used for walkways or supporting spas or hot tubs.
- Setbacks of deck or pool patio from property lines.
The building permit application and applicable fees must be returned to the Planning & Development Services Department, second floor of City Hall, 8500 Santa Fe Drive.
- Permit fees are based on the valuation of the work. A permit fee for work valued at $19,000 or less shall be established by the following rate:
|Value of Work||Fee|
|$1 - $5,000||$30|
|$5,001 - $19,000||$50|
- Permit fees for work valued over $19,000 are calculated using the valuation multiplied by .0050 rounded to the nearest dollar.