Planning Commission Research Topics, one of four Comprehensive Plan books, includes special research reports prepared by planning staff on land-use related topics of interest or concern to the Planning Commission and Governing Body.
- Research Topic No. 1 - examines how different types of residential development affect school enrollment.
- Research Topic No. 2 - examines the differences in traffic generation between various land uses.
- Research Topic No. 3 - examines the rate at which different types of development absorb vacant land. This topic has been updated regularly.
- Research Topic No. 4 - looks at the Comprehensive Plan's designation of Switzer Road, south of 135th Street, as a Thoroughfare.
- Research Topic No. 5 - examines the boom in multi-family construction that occurred in the mid- to late 90s.