8500 Santa Fe Drive
Overland Park, KS 66212
Since 1963, Overland Park has had a Mayor-City Council-City Manager form of government. The City Manager is responsible for managing the city's day-to-day operations, as well as implementing policies set by the Governing Body.
The City Council on Jan. 3, 2011, appointed Bill Ebel as City Manager. His City Manager Department staff includes Deputy City Manager Kristy Stallings, Assistant City Manager Kate Gunja, Communications Manager Sean Reilly and Communication Assistant Meg Ralph - who work together to ensure residents' needs are met efficiently and effectively.
Staff members of the City Manager's Office also:
- Respond to residents' and City Councilmembers' requests for information and services.
- Assist with the development of the city's operating and capital improvements budgets.
- Manage issues related to the Overland Park Convention Center and adjacent hotel.
- Facilitate communications among city staff and neighborhood groups.
- Prepare and monitor state and national legislative programs.
An extension of this office is the Communications Division. It works with other city departments and the City Council to provide proactive information about local government, services and programs and to market the city to residents, businesses and media through news releases, newsletters, photographs, brochures, the city's Web site and more.