Preparation of the 2017-2021 Capital Improvements Program and Maintenance Program represents the first step in development of the 2017 operating budget and Five-Year Financial Plan, as both the capital improvements plan and budget are developed in the context of the City’s five-year expenditure and revenue forecast.
CIP Development Process
- Development of the 2017-2021 CIP began in the fall of 2015.
- Although not required by law, the City held public hearings in order to allow public comments to be taken into consideration during development.
- The City Manager proposed the proposed CIP to the Governing Body at a Committee-of-the-Whole meeting in December of 2015.
- Governing Body goal area committees reviewed the proposed plan in January and February 2016.
- Two additional public hearings were held in March of 2016.
- The City Council adopted the 2017-2021 CIP and 2017-2021 Maintenance Program for budget planning purposes on March 21, 2016.
- The 2017-2021 CIP and 2017 Budget go into effect Jan. 1, 2017.