Open 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
(open year round)
To schedule a special event
on the trail, call 913-895-6390.
The 10-mile Overland Park portion starts at Foxhill South Park, 109th and El Monte, and follows Indian Creek south and west to Forest Creek Park, 125th and Pflumm.
A connecting link continues south along Quivira Road toward the Tomahawk Creek Trail via 127th and Nieman.
Generally, the trail is level and flat; it is paved, approximately 10 feet wide with mile markers every half mile. There are some steep grades for short sections:
- South of Indian Creek between Nall and Lamar
- Near 105th and Conser
- Along Interstate 435, west of Antioch
- Other sections where the trail approaches streets or bridges.
There are no emergency phones along the trail, however, there are pay phones at some parks.
All types of non-motorized bicycles can be used on the trail; dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash.
The trail is wheelchair accessible and all trail heads have accessible parking and access to the trail.
Parking is available at seven parks and one recreation center:
- Switzer Park, 138th and Switzer
- Foxhill South, 109th and El Monte
- Foxhill North, Indian Creek Parkway and Roe (behind Suburban Lawn and Garden)
- Roe, 105th and Roe
- Indian Creek Recreation Center, 103rd and Marty
- Corporate Woods Founders', 9711 W. 109th St.
- Indian Valley, 116th and Knox
- Quivira, 119th and Quivira
Local Bike & Hike Trails
There are more than 35 miles of paved trails that include the: